Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pay for Prayer

It seems the Church of Christian Scientists have nothing better to do than get into the scrum that is the debate on healthcare reform.

So the leaders of this church, in keeping with their more evangelical brothers around the US, want to be paid for their work. 

Specifically, they want to be paid for praying over patients in hospitals.

I taste a little vomit in my mouth.

It never occured to me that you would ask for something in return for saying a prayer for someone. Isn't that totally against christian religious beliefs?  Aren't you supposed to help the sick?  The Bible I have says so.

I know the Greeks, Romans, Jews and others had a payer for prayer system but that was aceint history.

Have we become such a nation of "gimmie gimmies" that we must be paid for everything?  Is there no charity left in the US?
The only sin worse that not praying for someone is to charge for it.

Christian Scientists should be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment