---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In today's Tulsa World is a letter from one Mr. Jonathon Showman. He wants HB 1414 passed. This legislation would allow Oklahomans to pack heat anywhere, anytime.
It took me a minute to stop laughing at Mr. Showman's letter long enough to respond.
I can just see it if 1414 passes.
Half the population of Oklahoma would be hiding in their storm shelters to keep out of the line of sight.
The other half would be turning our cities and towns into one giant OK Coral with bullets flying at all enemies; foreign, domestic and imagined (mostly imagined).
I can't think of anything less in the best interests of public safety than people like Mr. Showman carrying a weapon in public.
Yes the Second Amendment allows individuals to own guns. I have no argument with that.
I have a big argument with everyone carrying a weapon. Can you imagine what will happen the first time there's an argument in Target over who's next? Can you imagine what road rage would evolve into if everyone driving had a gun?
What would happen at an OU football game if Ou was on the wrong side of a ref's call? Or a high school game?
Let's not even think of what would happen at a political meeting or one of those infamous teabagger get togethers.
But to be in on the safe side, I wonder if WalMart sells Kevlar?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment